In the Agile Project management process, It is the most important stage, that is not just limited to the scheduling of tasks. It covers all aspects of planning such as Agile Project scope, scheduling, stakeholders, budgeting, human resource, quality & its management, risk analysis, and communication plan.
Agile methodology is used to find the problems and glitches quickly and make the product changes.
Thus Agile methodology is very productive for change acceptance and acceptance.
In Agile Project Management, the methodology works with:
3. Graphical Charts
First of all, there are Scrums, We can define scrums as the main framework of the Project or product development this is an overall planned project in agile software.
After that sprints are parts of a single scrum that define the timeline of task progress. Sprints define when a specific task is going to be completed and who is working on it.
And finally, you can see all this information simply in graphical charts, where all details are available at a glance. Thus, you can easily track all ongoing progress of your project on the same page.
You can read and get a very important related Article: Agile Project Estimation Template Excel
Phases of the Agile Project Planning Templates life cycle are;
- Agile Project Initiation or Definition
- Opportunities Identification
- Scope Definition (Agile Project Character, Preliminary WBS, Statement of Work)
- Agile Project Planning
- Agile Project Plan Checklist
- Agile Project Map
- Processes Schedule or Timeline
- Risk Assessment
- WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Agile Project Execution
- Deliverable (Agile Project Schedule Implementation and Risks Mitigation)
- Manage & Control (Agile Project Progress Reports)
- Agile Project Closure
- Agile Project Final Report
- Comparison of Agile Project Achievements and Objectives
- Lessons Learned
You can also read a Project Life Cycle related Article: Project Management Life CycleTemplate Excel
The Agile Project plan is the output of the Agile Project planning phases, which is presented to stakeholders especially to investors for a brief introduction of the Agile Project for getting funds. Following are the key domains Agile Project planning addresses:
- Agile Project Definition (Scope, requirements, WBS, and objectives)
- Agile Project Scheduling (Tasks, Sub-Tasks, Dependencies, resources)
- Stakeholder communication, engagement, and mapping plans
- Agile Project Risk Analysis and Mitigation Strategies
- Agile Project Communication and Reporting Strategies
Here is a beneficial article for you with template access: Agile Methodology Software in Project Management
Many Agile Project management tools help especially in Agile Project planning. Microsoft Excel is also used in all phases of Agile Project management from making WBS, timelines, and Agile Project schedules to Agile Project risk management.
An agile project plan checklist is used for making an effective Agile Project plan. It can be developed using excel before the execution of the project.
Agile Project Plan Checklist:
It enlists all tasks which need to be done in the Agile Project planning phase and marks done turn by turn after getting authored, reviewed, and approved. Following are the key aspects that should be mentioned on the Agile Project checklist;
- Introduction / Executive Summary
- Agile Project Scope and Objective
- Deliverable / Actions to Complete
- Schedule Plan and Baselines
- Resource Baseline
- WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
- Risk Management Plan
- Change Management Plan
- Quality, Configuration, and Communication Plan
- Process Improvement Plan and Related Issues
- Equipment and Material Requirements
- Stakeholder Management and Approvals
12 Steps to make Agile Project Planning Excel Template:
Agile Project planning excel template can be developed by below simple steps;
- Definition of Scope (Determine what tasks need to be done.)
- Identification of Support (Identify key stakeholders and establish a strong connection with them)
- Finding available Resources (Determine internal and external teams)
- Checking Timelines (Assess realistic schedules and their impacts on Agile Project completion time)
Related Article and Templates: Milestone and Task Project Timeline Template
- Listing Big Steps (To capture the big picture of the project)
- Breaking Down Further (Define actions to be completed or deliverable)
- Developing Draft Plan (Must consider tasks dependencies for successful implementation)
- Creating a Baseline Plan (Team meeting and getting team feedback)
- Refining Plan (Define inputs of Agile Project based on reality)
- Monitoring Progress (Track Agile Project progress daily and make Agile Project progress reports)
- Documenting Everything (Record every change made in the Agile Project plan)
You can also read this article: Project Initiation Document Plan
- Keeping Everyone in Loop (Give importance to communication and put everyone on the same page)
Types of Agile Planning Template Excel
- Agile sprint planning Project Estimation Template Excel
- Sprint Backlog Template
- Agile Project Plan Template MS Agile Project
- Scrum Excel Planning Tool
- Scrum Capacity Planning Excel Template
Agile Sprint Planning Project Estimation Template Excel
You can easily organize your disorganized projects through Agile Project estimation templates excel for healthy coordination with engineers, the IT department, stakeholders, and related business personnel. Through this approach, everybody gets the opportunity to stay in the same frame to trace requirements, etc.
Scrum Capacity Planning Excel Template
Agile capacity planning provides the opportunity to staff members to determine their availability, (hours and days) for this project to make them confident and committed to developing and giving the best output within a specific time frame to complete the deadlines in good manners.
Sprint Backlog Template
Sprint Backlog Templates allow to identification and organize the relevant tasks list of subject plans categorically. This process gets done in a scrum planning meeting.
Agile Sprint Project Plan Template MS Agile Project
Agile Project Planning is an approach and process to divide and categorize the plan cycles into small relevant sections. These smaller cycles are called sprints. The main benefit of this approach is to track and rectify the issues and errors fast.
Scrum Excel Planning Tool
Scrum is a structure that gives the opportunity to team to work together by defining their roles and assigning tasks to all members. Thus, by using these tools we can easily manage huge and complex plans.
You can read a very productive article with multiple templates: BEST PMP TEMPLATES FOR PROJECT MANAGERS (PMBOK STANDARDS)