Are you looking for a tool to manage and eradicate the issues in your project? Then you must consider using a root cause analysis template in excel. This approach is helpful in finding the main reason for the problem and the most relevant resolution to the issue. Root cause analysis is a way to find the problems and identify and plan the most suitable solutions to that issue. Therefore, when managing a project get yourself a well-managed and professional root cause analysis template to handle the issue regarding:
- PMI Root Cause Analysis Template Xls, doc, ppt, etc.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action plan template Excel
- Incident root cause analysis template
- The 5 Whys Analysis
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Template
- Fishbone Diagram Template
In this article, we will see what Root Cause Analysis Template is and why is it important. We will also discuss how this tool works and help project management professionals.
You can also read a related helpful article: Issue Log Template Excel
Steps of Root Cause Analysis Template Excel
Following are some steps of performing a Root Cause Analysis.
- First, you need to see and identify the core issue and problems
- Secondly, collect and assemble as much relent information about the issues as you possibly can
- Then have a go at the data you collected a find out the cause of the issue.
- After that as the cause of the issue identified the next step is to find the suitable and most appropriate solution for the issue.
- The next steps are the action step to create the strategies to implement to get the desired result in accordance with the identified issue.
- Lastly, you must monitor the actionable changes you have made to see whether it holds or not.
You can also read a Project Management related article: Critical Chain Project Management Template
Types of Root Cause Analysis Tools and Template
There a quite a few varieties of tools available to conduct the root cause analysis. Some of them are:
- Root Cause Analysis Report Template
- The 5 Whys Analysis
- Fishbone Diagram Template
4. Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Template
5. Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology Root Cause Analysis Template
5 Whys of root cause analysis
The 5 Whys of root cause analysis is basically an ultimate technique to identify the root cause of the issues. The questions in this interrogative technique help to find out the core issue and the reason behind it and eventually the solution can be found accordingly.
Furthermore, in 5 Whys of root cause analysis methodology, one question is the base of the next question. This is a step-by-step way of finding the root cause of the issue. This is knowing to be an effective method to pinpoint the issues and their cause.
Basically, in root cause analysis three questions are addressed
- What is the main problem?
- Why is the reason of the problem why it happens?
- What steps need to be taken to prevent it from happening again?
Here is very productive posts and PM-related articles for you: Get Templates Access
Benefits of Root Cause Analysis Template Excel
The Root Cause Analysis is the best way to clean up the mess and hindrances in the way of your project success. By addressing and eliminating the issue on time you can save a lot of time. Furthermore, it helps you pinpoint the flows in your project. By knowing them on time you can plan to handle them before they turn into a big mess.
Basically, the thing is often the defective methods and tools waste time and assets. An unreliable and faulty solution can only make the problem even worse. Consequently, make sure you choose an effective root cause analysis tool to help in solving the upcoming and future problems early.
The root cause analysis template is actually designed to breakdown the complex and un-organized faulty structure into very simple and logical steps to find the basic core issues and glitches to rectify the overall problem to solve them easily step by step by creating and setting the strategies to get productive, effective and healthy results.
The root cause analysis tool also helps significantly in identifying the underlying reason for the problem at hand. This tool also aids in improving the quality of your project service. With this tool, you can study your project events efficiently and can have an idea of how your project is working.
Here are very effective Project Management related Articles for you: Project Tracking Get Access Now
Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology Root Cause Analysis Template
The Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology Root Cause Analysis is basically a way to identify the issues. This is known to be one of the best approaches to identify the problems. The five steps mainly technique step by step are Outline, Measure, Examine, Improve and finally Control.
We have discussed that the root cause analysis is an effective way of identifying and resolving the issues related to the project. Therefore, when managing a project have a professional root cause analysis template on hand to use when needed.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Q.1. What are the 6 Steps of Root Cause Analysis?
Ans. Following are the 6 steps of root cause analysis template excel:
- Identification of root issue
- Data Collection (Gathering relevant information of the issue)
- Finding the core issue (Cause of root issue)
- Finding the appropriate solution for the issue
- Creating Strategies to take action to rectify errors
- Monitoring of changes to verify solution performance
Q.2. What are the 5 Whys of root cause analysis?
Ans. Whys: A productive tool/ technique used for analysis and resolving root causes and issues. Basically, It’s a questioned approach e.g.,
- “What is the main problem?
- Why is the reason for the problem why it happens?
- What steps need to be taken to prevent it from happening again?”
Q.3. What is the best method which is mostly used for root cause analysis?
Ans. The 5 Whys method of root cause analysis is most common.